ReadyToFind a 100% Human edited web directoryArticle Details
|The 10 Basic Rules to Optimize Your Search Engine Ranking|
|Date Added: June 13, 2012 02:53:41 PM|
|Category: Computers: SEO|
|The web pages optimized for search engines (Search Engine Friendly) can appear in the first pages of search results. If the pages are optimized then the ranking of your website will be optimal.
This will allow you to be present at the top of search engines for keywords you have chosen. This article will not cover the advanced techniques of optimization for search engines but will certainly help to achieve an optimum position by creating new web pages.
1. Before you create a page optimized for search engines, you must determine which keywords are suitable to your page. You must focus on these specific keywords and use them throughout the page but do not overdo it though; the search engines robots and spiders are smart enough to know if there is an abuse in the use of certain keywords. In this case you will get the opposite effect, the risk of being banned from search engines, even permanently.
2. The “title” tag of your page should start with a specific keyword, for example if you decide to use the keyword "Dill 7766 laptop", then use it in the title tag but do not repeat it more than 2 or 3 times in this tag.
3. The first paragraph is very important, search engines usually use the first 30-40 words for page analysis and to determine the position in the results. This does not mean that only the first paragraph is important. You must use the term “Dill 7766 laptop" across the whole page.
4. Use your chosen keywords in the “headline” tag too (h1, h2, h3, etc.). Most experts believe that the headline tags, along with bold text, give to the keywords greater "weight". I have done some tests and I achieved better results using headline tags in conjunction with specific keywords. Do not use them too often, maximum 2-3 times per page.
5. Use the "alt" and "title" tag for pictures. Search engines cannot read images or flash contents, so use these tags by inserting the keywords chosen for your page. Renaming some pictures can help you to optimize a page. For example, if your page is about the laptop " Dill 7766 laptop", the image abc123.gif does not help, try to rename it into dill-7766.gif. It is a good solution to use the chosen keyword.
6. Use the keywords in the name and then in the URL. Same thing as in the previous point, do not call your page newpage.html, it does not make sense, use a name like dill-7766.html. This will not only help search engines, but will be easier to recall too. The same principle can be applied to the folders of your site: www.website.com/laptops/dill-7766.html.
7. Links made of keywords are the most important factors in web page optimization. The keyword that works as a link is a good optimization technique. Do not use more than 100 links per page as Google recommends. In our example we have focused on the term "Dill 7766 laptop", but you may also use terms such as "Dill series 7766" or "Accessories for Dill 7766”. Build links with these keywords to drive visitors (especially spiders) to the pages that are optimized respectively for the words "Dill 7766", "Dill series 7766" and "Accessories for Dill 7766". Remember, less links are present on a page and more "weight" will be given to the linked pages.
8. Do not use frames, most spiders do not follow frames; use them if you have no alternative. The page called by frame is not indexed by search engines, so every optimization you make on it will remain invisible to search engine spiders.
9. The search engines are smarter than you think, so do not try to fool them. In Internet there are thousands of websites that refer to a variety of tricks and tutorials on how to exploit search engines, but what happens if the search engine found out what you are trying to do? Probably your website will be banned permanently.
10. The content is king. You may have read this sentence hundreds of times, and this is what the search engines love. So, before you create a web page, write unique contents, interesting and full of keywords you have chosen. Do not copy contents from other websites or insert “free-to-publish-articles” or other resources largely duplicated on a myriad of other websites. Search engines prefer new and original contents.
To sum up, do not try to deceive search engines with hidden text, keywords repeated too many times, cloaking, doorway pages, unlawful contents, etc. Follow these basic 10 rules and with time you will get some good results.